Metal mirrors have a relatively large spectral width of about 0.2 to 12 µm, but their reflectivity varies greatly with values between 96% and 60%, although values > 98% can be achieved with reflection-enhancing dielectric layer thicknesses, e.g. in silver.
- Illumination systems in visible and UV
- Optical instrument making
- IR Mirror
- Laser scanner mirrors in sensors
- Low-glare car rear-view mirrors, graticules
- Medical mirrors such as mirrors for dental photography
Almost all types of mineral glass and crystals as well as metallic substrates are suitable for coating.
- Aluminium mirrors
- Gold mirror
- Chrome Mirror
- Rhodium mirror